Giovanni Alibrandi is a violinist, teacher and ambient/acousmatic composer. He has played a great number of concerts for several Festivals and relevant Associations, both as a soloist and in chamber formations.
He worked with Noa, Lucio Dalla, Franco Battiato, Katia Ricciarelli, Edoardo Bennato, Ennio Morricone, Nicola Piovani, Tony Brundo, Paolo Buonvino, Isola, Ute Lemper, Pippo and Melo Mafali, Conqueror, Faber Quartet.
His early works are music to poetry readings and some jingles for Internet sites. With the songs “Abstractio”, “De Profundis” and “Ogni Sera” won several awards within the GarageBand.com community (Track of The Day, Best Programming, Best Mood in Ambient, Potential Soundtrack). Some of his works are regularly broadcasted by web radios Tangerine Dream Fans Zone, StillStream, Taukay, Syndae and IMRadio.
Author of electronic music tracks with the addition of acoustic and electric violins, he released works for many labels. He also recorded for Warner Music, Universal, Carosello, CNI Compagnia Nuove Indie and RAI, RAI International, Canale 5 and Sky Classica.
He also plays the role of head of the recording series at Diaphonia Edizioni.
- 2009 – The Vanhalia Project / The Sundog Project (LP – split release) – EnoughRecords (Portugal)
- 2009 – Cinematic Obviousnesses (LP) – ProcRecords (United States)
- 2009 – Corpo Mare (single) – Always Records (Italy) – compilation
- 2010 – Abstractio II (single) – PublicSpaces Lab (Spain) – compilation
- 2011 – Studies for the Poisoned Mind (EP + 2 remix by Richard Wilmer) – aReW Recordings (Great Britain)
- 2011 – Collage(ing) (single) – aReW Recordings (Great Britain) – compilation
- 2012 – Transparent Shells (EP) – MonoKraK (Switzerland)
- 2014 – Terra Battuta (single) – Sheep Netlabel (Chile) – compilation
- 2015 – Obscure Gleams (LP – split release with Francesco Lipari) – Diaphonia Edizioni (Italy)
- 2017 – Nella Sala del Tempo (single – split release with Francesco Lipari) – Diaphonia Edizioni (Italy)